Re: Questao de Analise

Sauda,c~oes,

Mandei o problema para o prof. Rousseau.

Vejam sua resposta.

Dudasta, se o Elon responder gostaria de conhecer
a resposta. Obrigado.

[ ]'s
Lu'is

=====
Dear Luis:

   The only way that I know to get the exact sum of a rearrangement
of this series is using term-by-term integration on the integral of
an appropriate rational function.  For example,

1 + 1/3 - 1/2 - 1/4 + 1/5 + 1/7 - 1/6 - 1/8 +  \cdots =
= \int_0^1 (1+x^2)/(1+x) dx = 2 ln 2 - 1/2.

(I did this in a hurry, so I may have made a mistake.)   The usual argument
that shows that you can find a rearrangement that converges to any
desired number is algorithmic and does not yield what I would call
an explicit result.  It may come down to what one accepts as
"explicit".  Off hand, I certainly don't know an explicit rearrangement that
gives 1/2, but I wouldn't want to rule it out.

Cecil
=====